Key West, Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Known as “The Southernmost City in the Continental United States,” Key West, Florida is a gorgeous island city in Monroe County. Among the many tourists Key West attracts are motorcycle enthusiasts looking for their chance to ride on scenic United States Route 1. With the significant amount of riders Key West sees on an annual basis, particularly those who come for “poker runs,” comes a large amount of motorcycle accidents that occur on the city’s roadways. Unfortunately, the lives of unsuspecting riders can be forever changed in the blink of an eye at the hands of a negligent motorist.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a Key West motorcycle collision, it is imperative that you reach out to an experienced Florida motorcycle injury attorney. Your attorney will work with you and your family as you begin your recovery and ensure that you are compensated for the injuries and suffering you experienced. At the Law Offices of Joseph I. Lipsky our dedicated motorcycle accident defense team is prepared to advocate on your behalf as you seek the compensation you deserve. The right attorney can make all the difference, call us today to find out more.Key West Motorcycle Accident Causes
In Key West, motorcycle accidents can occur on any roadway across town, regardless of the speed you are travelling. There are several common causes for motorcycle accidents in Key West, but these are the most common causes we see:
- Aggressive Driving: When riders or motorists operate their vehicles above the speed limit or follow the vehicles in front of them too closely, accidents can occur. All motorcycle riders and motorists should obey traffic laws and posted signs.
- Distracted Driving: This can take many forms, including talking on the phone, texting, playing with the radio, or simply not paying attention to the road ahead. Not paying attention for even a split second can cause an accident.
- Inclement Weather: Motorcycle riders in particular need to be especially wary of unsafe road conditions due to weather. High winds and rain are major causes of motorcycle accidents. Riders also need to be aware of loose gravel on roadways.
- Driving Under the Influence: Operating a vehicle or motorcycle under the influence of drugs or alcohol can be deadly. This is the primary cause of severe injuries and deaths on the roads of Florida.
- Drowsy Driving: Operating a vehicle when you are struggling to stay awake and focused can be just as dangerous is operating a vehicle under the influence. If you feel too tired to drive, it is best that you pull over and find a place to rest.
In Key West, motorcycle accidents can range from minor bumps to catastrophic collisions. Regardless of the type of motorcycle accident in which you were involved, the experienced Florida motorcycle accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Joseph I. Lipsky can advocate on your behalf as you seek the compensation you deserve. If you have questions or are in need of additional information, do not hesitate to call us at 305-296-6300 for a free initial consultation.Key West Useful Links: