Helping seriously injured victims of motorcycle accidents across Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Plantation, the Palm Beaches and the Florida KeysFlorida Motorcycle Safety Accident Lawyer
Riding a motorcycle in sunny Fort Lauderdale and throughout Florida is an unbeatable feeling, but suffering injuries from a motorcycle accident can ruin more than your good day. As a motorcycle accident lawyer that has been a victim of a serious car accident, Miami motorcycle accident lawyer Joseph Lipsky knows that a little precaution can go a long way. Try these motorcycle safety habits to keep yourself safer on the road:
- Don't drink and ride. Operating any motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs is dangerous to yourself and others. Motorcyclists have more alcohol related fatalities than any other driver.
- Wear a helmet. Florida law doesn't require it, but the statistics show that wearing a helmet can save your life. Don't become another traffic death statistic.
- Wear other protective gear. Donning your good leather jacket, pants, gloves, and boots can save your skin from road rash.
- Give your passengers protective gear. If you're going to have friends or loved ones riding on back, make sure they have appropriately fitting helmets and other protective gear.
- Check your bike. Keep your motorcycle in good working order and make sure you check that the brakes, lights, turn signals and shifters are fully functioning before you head out onto the road.
- Beware of other motorists. It's a fact that other drivers don't pay as much attention as they should to motorcyclists. It's important that you give cars and trucks room to maneuver and stay out of their blind spots.
- Ride smart. Obey posted speed limits, brake slowly, and use your turn signals. If you follow the rules of the road and use caution on busy streets, you can stop accidents before they happen.
Florida motorcycle accident lawyer Joseph Lipsky knows you can't avoid every motorcycle accident, but being more aware of others on the road and making an effort to keep your safety a priority could save you from serious personal injury.
If you or a family member is injured in a motorcycle crash throughout Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, the Florida Keys or the Palm Beaches, we urge you to contact us, either ONLINE OR by CALLING us:
(888) FLA-LAW8 - Toll Free
(954) 693-0073 - Fort Lauderdale
(305) 821-7333 - Miami-Dade
(561) 514-3535 - Palm Beaches
(305) 296-6300 - Florida Keys
to schedule your FREE NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION. The call and personal injury consultation are FREE, so do not delay in calling to find out about your legal rights.